NEXT TRAINING COURSES:
Legal Issues 28th April 10am to 1pm – concise and engaging review of the information you need to ensure your organisation meets its legal obligations towards volunteers.
Communication Skills 12th May 10am to 1pm – explores how communication works, reviews key tools and looks at how to apply them to meet your objectives.
Supervision Skills 2nd June 9.30am to 1pm – looks at skills and procedures needed to motivate volunteers and balance volunteer needs with those of your organisation.
Recruitment & Retaining Volunteers 9th June 10am to 4pm – an overview of best practice on recruiting and retaining volunteers together with a very detailed resource pack. Experienced managers find it a useful course for reflecting on current activities and less experienced managers gain masses of information and confidence.
Cambridge & District Volunteer Centre helps to:
- Match people who want to volunteer with organisations needing volunteers
- Promote volunteering to all sectors of the community Support and promote good practice in the involvement of volunteers
- Develop new opportunities to volunteer
- Comment and campaign on issues which affect volunteers or volunteering
- Play an active role in the strategic development of volunteering